Inmarsat L-TAC Access BLOS radio communications using your existing equipment.
Inmarsat L-TAC enables Ultra High Frequency (UHF) and Very High Frequency (VHF) military tactical radio users to operate voice and data circuits between small terminals (tactical radios) across a defined operating area.
Your radio transmitter in space
Service is implemented using a single hop through an Inmarsat-4 satellite via directly connected L-band uplinks and downlinks. This provides you with the same experience as UHF satellite communications (SATCOM), but through a cost-effective satellite channel. Since the system directly links L-band uplink and downlink signals, it is not necessary for you to provide any fixed infrastructure to support the service.
Use existing equipment
Inmarsat L-TAC uses the same tactical radios as UHF SATCOM, but instead of connecting these radios to a UHF antenna, they are connected to an L-band antenna through a small frequency converter unit. This allows you to operate security-accredited equipment over L-band satellite connections using the same interoperable waveforms that are supporting you in the UHF or VHF bands.
Find out more about the Inmarsat L-TAC service by speaking to one of our global telesindo team.Get in touch
Expanding your geographic limitations
The L-TAC system is used to support Push-to-Talk voice networks in a theatre of operations, where users spread across the coverage area share access to transmit a signal that can be received by everyone else in the network (like a telephone conference call). The service is also used for point-to-point data communications between terminals in theatre.
The Spectra Slingshot™ applique
Inmarsat’s L-TAC service combined with Spectra Slingshot™enables existing in-service tactical radios to transparently access BLOS communications without the need to modify the radio hardware or the cryptos. Using standard tactical radios and field-proven kits from Spectra Group (SlingShot™), rapid deployment and activation of user networks are enabled.
Our L-TAC service is currently in active operations for several nations’ armed forces around the world and a civilian variant has been launched for police, fire and medical support services, emergency services, aid agencies, embassy communications, medical support services and other civilian agency use.
Short term lease options enabling flexibility
The service can be leased for a fixed period (minimum two weeks) and provides a complementary service to existing UHF/VHF SATCOM channel availability. Our L-TAC lease service is fully flexible and designed to meet security and reliability requirements cost-effectively. Once deployed, remote management and support is provided through our 24/7 Network Operations Centre. The service offers a combination of reliable voice and data connectivity that is available globally, independent of local infrastructure. It is also quick to set up, providing a fully configured solution which needs minimal user intervention before deployment.
- BLOS upgrade to existing tactical radio voice and data network services
- End user encryption maintained
- Affordable UHF TACTSAT alternative
- Interoperability: VHF-C/ VHF, M/UHF
- COTM solutions for Manpack, Vehicular, Maritime and Aero units
- Extremely easy to learn/limited training (approximately two hours)
- Remote support through our 24×7 Network Operations Centre
- Designed to support in service radios and complement existing military capacity
- Radio agnostic and transparent – interoperates between UHF and VHF military and commercial frequencies
- Omni-directional antennas. No need to stop and point
- Utilises Inmarsat-4 narrow beams with customised beams available
- Very small form factor, lightweight and low power consumption
- Data enabled (HPW and Viasat)
- Flexible lease terms available (minimum 2 weeks)